- Static testing is the testing of the software work products manually, or with a set of tools, but they are not executed. [Read more…]
- Static analysis tools are generally used by developers as part of the development and component testing process. The key aspect is that the code (or other artefact) is not executed or run but the tool itself is executed, and the source code we are interested in is the input data to the tool. [Read more…]
- Performed on requirement design or code without actually executing the software or before the code is actually run.
- Goal of static analysis is to find the defects whether or not they may cause failure.
- Static analysis find defects rather than failures.
Software testing is a process of executing a program or application with the intent of finding the software bugs.