During a review four types of participants take part. They are:
- The moderator:
- Also known as review leader
- Performs entry check
- Follow-up on the rework
- Schedules the meeting
- Coaches other team
- Leads the possible discussion and stores the data that is collected
- The author:
- Illuminate the unclear areas and understand the defects found
- Basic goal should be to learn as much as possible with regard to improving the quality of the document.
- The scribe:
- Scribe is a separate person to do the logging of the defects found during the review.
- The reviewers:
- Also known as checkers or inspectors
- Check any material for defects, mostly prior to the meeting
- The manager can also be involved in the review depending on his or her background.
5. The managers:
- Manager decides on the execution of reviews
- Allocates time in project schedules and determines whether review process objectives have been met