The uses of static testing are as follows:
- Since static testing can start early in the life cycle so early feedback on quality issues can be established.
- As the defects are getting detected at an early stage so the rework cost most often relatively low.
- Development productivity is likely to increase because of the less rework effort.
- Types of the defects that are easier to find during the static testing are: deviation from standards, missing requirements, design defects, non-maintainable code and inconsistent interface specifications.
- Static tests contribute to the increased awareness of quality issues.