Endurance testing is a non functional type of software testing.
- It is a type of non-functional testing.
- It is also known as Soak testing.
- Endurance testing involves testing a system with a significant load extended over a significant period of time, to discover how the system behaves under sustained use. For example, in software testing, a system may behave exactly as expected when tested for 1 hour but when the same system is tested for 3 hours, problems such as memory leaks cause the system to fail or behave randomly.
- The goal is to discover how the system behaves under sustained use. That is, to ensure that the throughput and/or response times after some long period of sustained activity are as good or better than at the beginning of the test.
- It is basically used to check the memory leaks.