Walkthroughs are represented by the below characteristics:
- It is not a formal process/review
- It is led by the authors
- Author guide the participants through the document according to his or her thought process to achieve a common understanding and to gather feedback.
- Useful for the people if they are not from the software discipline, who are not used to or cannot easily understand software development process.
- Is especially useful for higher level documents like requirement specification, etc.
The goals of a walkthrough:
- To present the documents both within and outside the software discipline in order to gather the information regarding the topic under documentation.
- To explain or do the knowledge transfer and evaluate the contents of the document
- To achieve a common understanding and to gather feedback.
- To examine and discuss the validity of the proposed solutions