Software Testing is necessary because we all make mistakes. Some of those mistakes are unimportant, but some of them are expensive or dangerous. We need to check everything and anything we produce because things can always go wrong – humans make mistakes all the time.
Since we assume that our work may have mistakes, hence we all need to check our own work. However some mistakes come from bad assumptions and blind spots, so we might make the same mistakes when we check our own work as we made when we did it. So we may not notice the flaws in what we have done.
Ideally, we should get someone else to check our work because another person is more likely to spot the flaws.
There are several reasons which clearly tells us as why Software Testing is important and what are the major things that we should consider while testing of any product or application.
Software testing is very important because of the following reasons:
- Software testing is really required to point out the defects and errors that were made during the development phases.
- It’s essential since it makes sure of the Customer’s reliability and their satisfaction in the application.
- It is very important to ensure the Quality of the product. Quality product delivered to the customers helps in gaining their confidence. (Know more about Software Quality)
- Testing is necessary in order to provide the facilities to the customers like the delivery of high quality product or software application which requires lower maintenance cost and hence results into more accurate, consistent and reliable results.
- Testing is required for an effective performance of software application or product.
- It’s important to ensure that the application should not result into any failures because it can be very expensive in the future or in the later stages of the development.
- It’s required to stay in the business.